Cyan builds and sells new technology to help law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists.
We have built a great customer base in UK Law Enforcement where we help find evidence of terrorist and child abuse offences 100x faster than alternatives, offering a “digital breathalyser” that detects evidence in minutes. We are rapidly expanding into international markets.
We are now taking the same underlying technology to the fight against harmful content online, offering a first line of defence for the internet against child abuse, terrorism, and other extreme and illegal content.
Based in Edinburgh, we are a well-funded investor backed tech company with a small and fast-growing team, offering a wealth of opportunity for professional fulfilment with a shared sense of purpose. As part of our company growth, we are now seeking a development engineer to join a new team, to develop our technology for social media and cloud platforms.
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer science
- Strong understanding of core principles of software development.
- Experience in a modern object orientated programming language (preferably C#)
- Experience at all phases of the development lifecycle and development techniques (e.g., using version control, unit testing, peer review, pair programming)
- Worked on a web scale cloud platform including software and infrastructure (as a developer).
You may also have experience:
- Experience developing within the Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, Windows Desktop, Windows Server, SQL Server)
- Web Services and Web UI
- Experience in the technologies we work with (WPF, ASP.NET Core, XUnit, Azure Devops, Git, C#/C/C++)
- Experience in the technologies we plan to work with (Containerisation, Container Orchestration, Clustered Cloud DB)
- DevOps – CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CodeDeploy), Cloud Deployment (Zero downtime, rollback); APM (application performance management)
- Knowledge of IaaS (e.g., Ansible, CloudFormation, TerraFormer, YAML)
The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with other team members to improve the technical team’s processes and output and to solve a range of different problems.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g., 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).