A Development / Senior Development Engineer to help make the internet a safer place.
Cyan helps law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists. Our software for police investigators finds evidence faster – replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
We are in the process of rolling our technology out across UK policing through the Home Office, and we have early sales in Europe and a partnership to develop the US market.
We are now building on this reputation and success to move into the Online Harms market and exploring new ways to deploy our technology to block harmful content on social media, messaging and cloud platforms.
We are looking for a development engineer to work on our range of cloud, server and successful desktop applications.
Development is mostly in C# managed using an agile process adapted to deliver on our customers priorities – forensic integrity, high performance, and positive user experience.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Experience and Skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer science
- Strong understanding of core principles of software development.
- Experience in a modern object orientated programming language (preferably C#)
- Experience at all phases of the development lifecycle and development techniques (e.g. using version control, unit testing, peer review, pair programming)
- Experience developing within the Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, Windows Desktop, Windows Server, SQL Server)
- Web Services and Web UI
- Experience in the technologies we work with (WPF, ASP.NET Core, XUnit, Azure Devops, Git, C#/C/C++, Low level disk access)
- Deliver products in line with company goals.
- Work with other team members to improve the technical team’s processes and output.
- Solve some difficult and not so difficult problems.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g. 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
This position will be remote for the foreseeable future until it is safe to return to the office, at which point part week remote working will be available by mutual agreement.
Job Progression Opportunities
Cyan is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company. Potential routes for future career development from this role could include Technical Lead, or Project Management when the company has grown sufficiently to create such positions.
Applying for the Role
At Cyan we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise, and a face to face interview.
To apply email our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Recruitment agency policy: