Cyan Forensics exists to support governments and law enforcement agencies in reducing and eliminating harmful digital content online. Cyan delivers tools that place the investigative capability of cutting-edge digital forensic science into the hands of frontline policing. Our technology tool kit has applications on-scene, in digital forensics labs and during the offender management process. Our tools are proven on-the-ground within the UK and international law enforcement. Our technology is one hundred times faster than alternatives and can readily be deployed at scale.
Having successfully completed a Series A investment this year, Cyan is well funded and growing its customer base in the UK and globally. We are seeking a strong and experienced Programme Manager to work closely with our key law enforcement customers to enable them to successfully deploy our products at scale.
The Programme Manager is responsible for managing, co-ordinating, communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders, holding everyone to account and ensuring good communications across the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with our customers to understand how they work, their business challenges, paint the art of the possible and coach them on how Cyan products can help them with their effectiveness in the field finding and prosecuting those who commit crimes of creating or sharing indecent materials.
- Help customers realise their desired outcomes to get criminals off the street and or enable a world free from harmful content.
- Craft customer success plans that include agreed upon scope, shared metrics, user engagement, adoption plans, timelines, communication, and eliminates barriers to customer advocacy and expansion.
- Actively engage with and build strong working relationships with all internal and external project stakeholders.
- Standardising project methodology, documentation and processes; serving as a mentor and coach to others within Cyan on programme management with large customers.
- Facilitate business reviews with decision makers and internal programme sponsors, where we evaluate progress, celebrate shared successes, and course correct where necessary.
- Maintain high levels of engagement across a broad group of customers, with an emphasis on customer appreciation and advocacy.
- Contribute to the library of customer success assets (customer references, case studies) and thought leadership (methodology, point of view, white papers).
- Attends project scoping meetings and supports Business Development processes by creating accurate budgets in line with project scope.
Experience and Skills
- Extensive programme management, with a track record of delivering major programmes or demonstrable background delivering critical programmes, ideally in the Government and public sector agencies
- In depth knowledge of programme and project management methods such as MSP and PRINCE2
- This is an exciting role, which requires enthusiastic leadership for our products, a commitment to excellence in all aspects of programme management and high emotional intelligence.
- A passion for building trust and communicating with a broad range of partners: C-Suite, senior executives, business owners, administrators, developers, and end users of the software.
- Significant experience implementing and supporting technology solutions, solving problems and successfully gaining adoption of technology tools
- Exceptional influencing skills, experienced at working with senior managers, with the ability to spot problems before they arise and take steps to treat or avoid.
- An advocate of continuous improvement and ability to deliver centrally driven programmes that provide business benefit.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g., 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
Location – Hybrid working with some time spent at HQ in Edinburgh and London. Some UK travel to visit key customers.
JOB PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview and a face-to-face interview. To apply email Cyan Forensics’ dedicated email address: email@example.com