Cyan builds and sells new technology to help law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists.
We have built a great customer base in UK Law Enforcement where we help find evidence of terrorist and child abuse offences 100x faster than alternatives, offering a “digital breathalyser” that detects evidence in minutes. We are rapidly expanding into international markets.
We are now taking the same underlying technology to the fight against harmful content online, offering a first line of defence for the internet against child abuse, terrorism, and other extreme and illegal content.
Based in Edinburgh, we are a well-funded investor backed tech company with a small and fast-growing team, offering a wealth of opportunity for professional fulfilment with a shared sense of purpose. As part of our company growth, we are now seeking multiple senior development engineers to join our team servicing the law enforcement market.
- You will have a strong fundamental understanding of both computer science and the core principles of software development.
- Experience in a modern object orientated programming language (preferably C#)
- Experience at all phases of the development lifecycle and development techniques (e.g., using version control, unit testing, peer review, pair programming, agile practices)
You may also have experience:
- In the technologies we use (WPF, ASP.NET Core, XUnit, Azure Devops, Git, C#/C/C++)
- Developing within the Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, Windows Desktop, Windows Server, SQL Server)and
- Knowledge of some of the technologies we plan to work with (Containerisation, Container Orchestration, Clustered Cloud DB)
The successful candidates will be expected to collaborate with other team members to improve the technical team’s processes and output, to solve a range of different problems and mentor more junior developers to improve their skills.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g., 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
This position will be remote until it is safe to return to the office, at which point part week remote working will be available by mutual agreement.
Cyan recognises the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. If you believe you will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values to do the right thing for our customers, please submit your CV to: email@example.com