Cyan builds and sells new technology to help law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists.
We have built a great customer base in UK Law Enforcement where we help find evidence of terrorist and child abuse offences 100x faster than alternatives, offering a “digital breathalyser” that detects evidence in minutes. We are rapidly expanding into international markets.
We are now taking the same underlying technology to the fight against harmful content online, offering a first line of defence for the internet against child abuse, terrorism, and other extreme and illegal content.
Based in Edinburgh, we are a well-funded investor backed tech company with a small and fast-growing team, offering a wealth of opportunity for professional fulfilment with a shared sense of purpose. We are expanding our engineering team and looking to appoint a Senior Product Manager to drive forward the current and future roadmap.
- 5+ years’ experience in Agile driven Software Product Management
- Solid Technical understanding of how software is used to create outcomes, as well as an appreciation of time scales of builds, potential bottlenecks, how engineers work/think.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of working with B2B Cloud products.
- Track record of leading teams to translate product strategy into tangible deliverables.
- Experience of a range of approaches to Product Management, and the confidence to help identify and put in place systems and processes that will fit Cyan’s needs.
You are a creative thinker and innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit. You have a passion for Technology/Product and are an expert at bridging the two together. Collaborative and clear communication skills are key characteristics that you have moulded into your skillset. Listening, advising, and translating concepts into reality comes naturally to you.
You will be working across the strategic side of a Technical roadmap. You know how to take ideas, concepts and turn them into actionable, realistic roadmap deliverables. You can articulate and agree the technical resources required, timescales, checkpoints, and processes with the CTO and Head of Engineering.
Launching new and improving current products, strategy and product development are your day-to-day core drivers, coupled with you acting as a versatile, collaborative team player with plenty of initiative, across a business that pivots and moves quickly.
- Use market awareness via expertise from the CEO, CTO, current users, and sales and support teams to gather feedback to collectively plan strategies and deliver.
- Own and ensure that roadmap initiatives are prioritised based upon strategic direction, complexity, and commercial potential.
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on the product line
- Analyse the key metrics and variables that influence the value of potential initiatives to create best/worst-case projections.
- When required, be a spokesperson for the products and roadmap/roadmaps to both internal and external audiences?
- In partnership with the CEO and CTO, discuss and agree on the company’s short and long-term projects, and translate this into achievable objectives.
- Be accountable for the execution against goals.
- Be a mentor and coach for members across Engineering, Test/QA, Support and Sales & Marketing, ensuring that cross-functional teams that all work effectively and with a product focus.
- Be responsible for managing, prioritising, and refining the product backlog.
- Potentially hire and onboard new members of the Product team when more capacity is needed.
- The role will cover both Cyan Forensics and Cyan Protect (Law Enforcement and Online Safety products), with the opportunity to help shape their future structure.
The successful candidate will be measured against the following outcomes when undertaking the role:
- Define Cyan Forensics’ product function (including process, procedures and people)
- Develop and lead the execution of the product strategy
- Develop a structured product roadmap
- Motivate teams to deliver significant impact to customers and our business
- Create repeatability within the product process
- Actively works to ensure teams are aligned and engaged
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g., 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
This position will be remote for the foreseeable future until it is safe to return to the office, at which point part week remote working will be available by mutual agreement.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
At Cyan we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise, and a either an online or face-to-face interview. To apply email Cyan’s dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org