A Technical Lead to help us achieve our goal of making the internet a safer place.
Cyan builds and sells new technology to help law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists.
We have built a great customer base in UK Law Enforcement where we help find evidence of terrorist and child abuse offences 100x faster than alternatives, offering a “digital breathalyser” that detects evidence in minutes. We are rapidly expanding into international markets.
We are now taking the same underlying technology to the fight against harmful content online, offering a first line of defence for the internet against child abuse, terrorism, and other extreme and illegal content.
Based in Edinburgh, we are a well-funded investor backed tech company with a small and fast-growing team, offering a wealth of opportunity for professional fulfilment with a shared sense of purpose. We are looking for a technical lead to build the new team and to lead the development of new ways to deploy our technology for social media and cloud platforms.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Experience and Skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer science
- Strong understanding of core principles of software development.
- Designed a web scale cloud platform including software and infrastructure (as designer or architect).
- Knowledge of Containerisation (e.g., Docker), and Container Orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes, Fargate, ES2, App Engineer)
- Experience of Clustered Cloud DB performance and configuration (e.g., experience could be with MDSQL, MySQL, Redis, CouchBase)
- DevOps – CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CodeDeploy), Cloud Deployment (Zero downtime, rollback); APM (application performance management)
- Experience of more than one cloud provider (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Cloud Architecture: Network security, awareness of server and serverless tools and microservices, Service orientated architectures. CQRS
- Knowledge of cloud security configuration
- Knowledge of IaaS (e.g., Ansible, CloudFormation, TerraFormer, YAML)
- Deliver products in line with company goals.
- Work with other team members to improve the technical team’s processes and output.
- Solve some difficult and not so difficult problems.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contribution up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g., 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
This position will be remote for the foreseeable future until it is safe to return to the office, at which point part week remote working will be available by mutual agreement.
Job progression opportunities
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company. Potential routes for future career development from this role could include Staff Engineer, Architect, or Project Management when the company has grown sufficiently to create such positions.
Applying for the role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise, and a face-to-face interview.
To apply email Cyan Forensics’ dedicated email address: email@example.com