Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster – replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
We are in the process of rolling our technology out across UK policing through the Home Office, and we have early sales in Europe and a partnership to develop the US Market.
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the marketing function of the company,
- Demand creation
- Communications and PR
- Researching, analysing and sizing markets
- Customer and audience segmentation
- Competitor intelligence
- Brand ownership (visual, voice, messaging)
- Managing campaigns and events
- Content creation
- Building a team and making effective use of outsourcing where appropriate
Note: this is not an exhaustive list, the job holder will be required to perform other duties as required in a growing organisation faced with fast paced change.
There will initially be no direct reports to the Marketing Manager, although they will work with staff members and contractors who already contribute to marketing. The job holder will have the opportunity to build their team with 1-2 hires within the next year.
Experience and Skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of marketing
- Excellent written English
- Experience working in marketing in an SME or Startup
- Willingness to collaborate with people throughout the company, and with other stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for learning and embracing new ideas
- Always looking for ways of improving processes and ways of working
- Track record of success across a range of marketing activities
- An interest in working in the policing and security industries
- Experience of recruiting and/or managing team members
- Experience of working in a software company
- Demonstrate behaviours and performance that are consistent with the Cyan Forensics values, mission and ethos.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the market in which Cyan Forensics operates, our clients and products
- Demonstrate reach and outputs from marketing initiatives, including published content, events, etc
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contributions up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g. 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
Job Progression Opportunities
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company. Potential routes for future career development from this role could include Marketing Director or CMO when the company has grown sufficiently to create such positions.
Applying for the Role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise, and a face to face interview.
Please apply by email, enclosing your CV and covering letter.
Recruitment agency policy:
We value applications from individuals.
We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited applications.