Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster – replacing software that takes hours or days with software that gives results in minutes. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
We are a one-of-a-kind business, already making tangible progress with an impassioned team and a technology that is in high demand. What is most exciting, is that we have the potential to do a whole lot more in a vibrant, growing sector where every commercial success equates to making the digital world a safer, better place. As we begin to scale-up the business, this is a very exciting time to join Cyan Forensics and the successful candidate will play a key role in our future success.
We are in the process of rolling our technology out across UK policing through the Home Office, and we have early sales in Europe and a partnership to develop the US Market.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Senior Sales Executive will be responsible for supporting sales activities within Cyan Forensics, including:
- Developing new markets in both the UK and internationally
- Leading sales campaigns into new markets
- Meeting sales targets in line with our business plan
- Identify, develop and nurture customer relationships
- Showcase our technology to a wide variety of law enforcement professionals
- Support business development and account management functions
- Work within the sales and marketing team to understand customer requirements to ensure we deliver effective solutions
Note: this is not an exhaustive list, the job holder will be required to perform other duties as required in a growing organisation faced with fast paced growth and change.
- Experience of enterprise level sales in the UK and internationally
- Track record of success across a range of sales activities
- 5+ years’ experience in law enforcement (or military)
- 5+ years’ SaaS sales experience into public sector, specifically law enforcement (or military)
- Firm understanding of sales processes
- An initiative and drive to set and hit targets in order to build growth
- Passion for understanding and delivering our customers’ requirements
- Natural ability to build rapport quickly and adapt your style to customers at all levels
- Willingness to collaborate with people throughout the company, and with other stakeholders
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas
- An interest in new technologies and working within a start-up environment
- A willingness for, at periods, frequent UK and international travel
- A background in, or understanding of the policing and security industries with a focus on Counter Terrorism
- Experience of working in a software company
- French and/or German language skills
- Meet agreed sales targets
- Demonstrate behaviours and performance that are consistent with the Cyan Forensics values, mission and ethos
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the market in which Cyan Forensics operates, our clients and products
Base salary will be dependent on skills and experience, with uncapped performance related pay – on target earnings will be 2x base salary. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contributions up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g. 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format).
Why else should you join Cyan Forensics?
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company.
Potential routes for future career development from this role could include Regional Sales Manager when the company has grown sufficiently to create such positions
Applying for the Role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Our application process will involve an initial interview to establish technical and cultural fit, and a second interview to cover any further points required.
To apply, email Amy Thomson: amy @ purposehr.co.uk
Recruitment agency policy:
We value applications from individuals. We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited applications.